Monday, February 10, 2014

Staying Strong

I really enjoy reading Demi Lovato's book Staying Strong 365 Days A Year. It is so inspiring. The books layout is really interesting too. It gives you daily advice, here's an example advice/quote...

"January 16th
Don't invalidate your feelings.
Honor them.
 
I used to run and hide from my feelings especially when I felt something that was upsettting, painful, or uncomfortable. But over time I've learned to accept all of my feelings. I know that in order for me to work through them, I mudt first honor and embrace all emotions. They are a part of me. Therefore they are meaningful and valid.

Goal: Pick a feeling that you're afraid of or asahmed of. Feeling fear, anger, or sadness is okay as long as you don't let it define you. Embrace your emotions and remind yourself how valuable they are."
This is such a great thing to remember. I love Demi so much. :)
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That sounds like a good book. I have heard about this and I have also seen it on the front page of iBooks and I have really had an interest in reading this book but I just haven't gotten around to it. I actualyl remember this quote being on Tumblr also which I think is pretty cool. I look forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am suprised that she would write a book and I am a fan of her work! This definitely sounds like an inspiring piece good book choice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know that Demi wrote a book! I think she's very inspiring and I should really look into that books! It sounds very good.

    ReplyDelete