Monday, March 17, 2014
March 17th, 2014
Unfortunately I recently abandoned the book Life of Pi. I just couldn't get hooked into this book. It is super long and pretty intimidating for me. But on the bright side, I started a new book and I LOVE it. It's called, Go Ask Alice. It's a diary from a teenage girl and her struggles throughout her life. I feel like I am a lot like her. She hasn't told us her name yet, so I will just refer to her as "A" as in anonymous. "A" is a teenage girl around the age that I am and she only has a few very close friends. It upsets her sometimes because she feels as if she doesn't exactly fit in. I feel the same way. She recently wrote in her diary that she is moving and shes so excited but very nervous.
I am only about 30 pages in but so far I am siked to read this book! I have heard nothing but good things about it. :) Heres a synapsis I found of the book on youtube!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Why didnt you get hooked into the book? What about it didnt you like?
ReplyDeleteI was wondering the same thing- why didn't you get hooked? Was it the style of writing or was it just an overall boring read? Anyways I heard this book is great my friend just finished it and loved it.
ReplyDeleteWhy didn't you like the life of PI? Personally I didn't care for the slow beginning, but I enjoyed the rest of the book.
ReplyDeleteI also tried to read Life of Pi but it was SO boring that I put it down after 20 pages so I understand where your coming from.
ReplyDeleteI really loved how you put the trailer into your blog post because it gave me a better understanding of the book and your blog. I hope you liked this better than the Life of Pi!
ReplyDelete