http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/columnists/krista-ramsey/2014/03/08/krista-ramsey-new-adoption-law-ohio/6222347/
This article is about the new adotion law in Ohio, and a girl that wants to find her birth mother. She doesn't want to meet her face to face, she just wants to ask her a few simple questions about siblings, her father, etc.
A qline that I really liked in the reading is, "A woman she couldn’t pick out in a crowd, but the only one on earth who could answer her most intimate questions." This line impacts the reader because it really hits home. I have a friend who is adopted and she doesn't know anything about her birth mother or father. She has the same questions as Coffee does. I also watch a show called 90210 and there is a guy that is adopted on there. Even though it's just a T.V. show, I can still feel his struggles. I personally want to adopt a child when I grow up and I would feel very bad for them if they had no clue about their birth mother/father.
Krista's writing style is very unique. She lies down the cold hard truth; no matter what the circumstances are. She has a lot of courage for doing that. I really repect that. In this article she mentions the new law and how it can change the future of the adoptees. She mentions how it can change their future in a negative and positive way.
If I could ask Krista 3 questions, they would be what inspires you to write? How do you get the topics to write about? and how long does a column take to write?
No comments:
Post a Comment