Monday, May 5, 2014

Go Ask Alice review

        I am almost done with Go Ask Alice. I am about 30 pages away from finishing it. This book has a lot of ups and downs. I don't want to give away a lot of spoilers because I know that this is a popular book for my age group. However, there wil be a few within this post so if youre planning on reading this book, I suggest not reading this blog post. The main character who reamins unnamed is approximately 15 years old. She doesn't make very good choices. She does drugs and drinks a lot. SHe also ran away from home and moved to California, which was also not a good choice. She is starting to feel a little suicidal as well. She struggles with her weight a lot. I believe she has an eating disorder of some sort but I am not sure because it isn't specified.


       Alice eventually gets drugged and accidentally takes LSD. afterwards, she believes that worms are always eating her. I feel like this would be such an awful way to live. I know when I have an icth on my nose it makes me go insane I couldnt' imagine believing that worms are ALWAYS eating at you and always feeling squirmy. Eventually, she checks herself into a mental hospital to get herself help. She realizes that she has a problem and she actually wants help. I know that this is very hard for people do to. I have seen someone very close to me go through the same exact thing,

2 comments:

  1. I read this book last year and thought it was good

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally think that the book should be a requirement for people to read because it's a story from an anonymous person, who made the wrong choices, then tried again. I think that its a book that would scare people into not harming their bodies. I hope your close one is well.

    ReplyDelete