Monday, January 27, 2014

Pre-reading Analysis

Pre-reading:

 I will be doing a pre reading analysis of Looking for Alaska by John Green. I predict that this book will be very interesting. I hope that they do find Alaska. I feel like Alaska will be a very unpredictable character. She seems to be very moody too. I have only read reviews about this book and I feel like I will be able to relate a lot to her. I found on a review website a quote from this book that I liked. It says, “At some point, you just pull off the Band-Aid, and it hurts, but then it's over and you're relieved.”
John Green, Looking for Alaska.
I really enjoy this quote. I feel like it relates to 99% of the worlds problems. Such as ending a friendship with someone because its 'unhealthy'. Yes, it will hurt at the beginning but you will feel SO much better once it is over.

Another quote I found is,

“If people were like rain, I was like drizzle and she was a hurricane.”

by John Green

Wow could this not be anymore true. Girls tend to compare themselves to other girls all the time and tend to make themselves feel bad about themself even though their comparison may not even be correct. I know how Alaska is feeling in this situation because I compare myself to others all the time and always feel on the lesser side.

7 comments:

  1. I read this book and it's rad and I think you'll really like it. myfavorite quote from the whole book was the second one you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard of this book, I love John Green on youtube but i havent read any of his work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an amazing book and i think all John green book are amazing so i hope you enjoyed reading it

    ReplyDelete