Sunday, July 6, 2014

Entry Two Summer Reading Assignment

In my previous blog entry I discussed the main characters throughout this book, in this blog post I will be discussing the desires and goals within each character. I will first begin with talking about Sofie. Sofie is the most "insane" character. She is basically a dare-devil. She is not afraid to do anything. Her main 'desire or goal' is to out do everyone else playing the game that they're playing. Pierre Anthon's desire is to prove to everyone that it is okay to be different and that you shouldn't let the 'norm' control your life and how your life. I believe that is a great thing to live by! Agnes is the narrator, her desire is to fit in with everyone else.

The theme that I am beginning to see throughout my book is dissatisfaction. Pierre Anthon is the main reason for this. Everything in the world is dissatisfaction to him, such as, he believes that humans are one step away from monkeys and that they are unintelligent. Pierre is a very dark and gloomy person and can find the bad within every situation and is sure that others feel that too.

My book has a very typical structure to it. It's told by a 7th grade girl from her point of view of the 'game' her friends are playing. She includes dialogue, lots of visual/descriptive words and explains the story by chapters and big events.

No comments:

Post a Comment