Friday, May 16, 2014

Final Blogging Assesment English 1B

I chose the blogging promt of
·         The most important line from a chapter is…  (and explain why it is important and how the plot develops from that line)
I find this promt to be relatively easy for my book because typically the character in the book (remains anonymous) repeats or reprases the same sentece over and over throughout each 'diary entry'.
Paragraph 1:
My writers voice is very distinct in my blog post due to my choice of syntax and diction. I used very low and informal diction because I believe this is the easiest way to connect with your reader. When you understand something, you tend to connect to it a lot better than if it were all fancy words. An example of low/informal diction in my blog post is when I wrote “Ha-ha, just kidding(that would be weird if the author didn’t know the answers to her own book)” This is low diction because these are all very casual words that you would use in a conversation with a friend. My syntax that I used helps the reader feel how I am trying to express my words and self. Such as the beginning of my blog post when I was talking about how I was feeling and how much I liked this book.. I stated, “  Hi, I am a freshman at William Mason High School and I am currently reading (almost done, however) your book Go Ask Alice. I love this book!” Using the parenthesis is describing where I am and how I feel without stating anything else or stopping the sentence. Also, an exclamation point makes it have a lot more energy and flow. By using these methods, it helps the reader and I have a connection without actually meeting or talking because you can hear my voice in the text.
Paragraph 2:

At the beginning of this trimester I wanted to increase my writer's voice within my posts. I have worked to manage this by including parenthesis with my own witty comments within my posts. I believe this brings out my writer's voice tremendously because I make witty comments all the time. My progression is very evident in my postsw throughout my blog. At the beginning of the trimester I would just write summaries and not discuss my personal input at all, but the more posts I did the more comfortable I became with blogger and eventually my writers voice just came to me naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment